[PVE-User] Spam:**********, KVM vs Container - Why should one use KVM?

Guy guy at britewhite.net
Sat Nov 27 09:03:48 CET 2010

Hi,

As someone who does run Asterisk inside a proxmox system, I can say that by far the best way to run it is inside a KVM.. OpenVZ is great for other things, I have lots of openVZ systems running too. OpenVZ just isn't suited to Asterisk due to all the hardware and timing stuff.  You'll be for ever kicking yourself trying to compile some driver or other.

My advice just run it in a KVM, I built Centos and then compiled asterisk on that inside a Full KVM.. never looked back.

--Guy