[PVE-User] info.

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Mon Oct 11 14:44:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

The main idea of the current cluster is centralized configuration. And just in the case if you do not know it, OpenVZ live migration does not need shared storage - but this works only with the 2.6.18 kernel branch.

> - Since shared storage (san) is much more expensive, I have no budget for it.
>   So this makes my configuration with 2 servers less interesting, is this correct
> or can I backup from one proxmox server to the other one ?
>
> - Maybe it is outside the scope of this mailing list but is DRDB a solution for
> me in this case ? (I have no experience with DRDB).

If you have limited budget, I recommend just 2 reliable servers  and  start without SAN. And do regular backups.

CLI only, for a basic howto, see: http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD