[PVE-User] pve-cluster won't start with large ssh_known_hosts

flavio-pve at zipman.it flavio-pve at zipman.it
Sat Dec 10 17:37:33 CET 2011

On 12/10/2011 11:45 AM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> Using any other file is clumsy because it is not used by default, so we always need to pass extra parameter.
>
> Any better ideas?

Yes. Create a dedicated ssh_config_pve configuration file in the
/etc/pve directory and pass it as the unique parameter to every call of ssh.

ssh -F /etc/pve/ssh_config_pve .....

I know it's a parameter to pass, but everything else is included in it
and it allows for really simple changes if you need them in the future.

For example you can lower the cryptographic security to lower cpu usage
or specify a dedicated ssh key for some hosts, or use specific users for
some others, etc.etc.

You create a default ssh_config_file specifying a pve specific
known_hosts and all other default parameters to use and if someone need
something different should only modify that file.

--
Flavio Visentin

A computer is like an air conditioner,
it stops working when you open Windows