[PVE-User] VM windows 2008 issue.

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Fri Jul 1 09:43:30 CEST 2011

Hi Muhammad,

As already sait in this thread :
http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/6602-Does-Service-Pack-1-(or-other-updates)-break-Windows-2008-R2-running-in-a-KVM

I installed recently several windows 2008 R2 VMs with no problem, so I
don't understand the problem there. I am using 2.6.35 kernel, with
Proxmox 1.8. I don't know if it matters (it's a long time I installed
windows 2008, before 1.8).

I am using 30 GB raw files, 2 Go Ram, and virtio NIC (minimum hardware
requirement following Microsoft). I install the virtio NIC drivers after
first reboot, from fedora repo :
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/

Alain

Le 01/07/2011 09:24, Muhammad Yousuf Khan a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> unfortunately i can not run any windows 2008 VM. no matter i install
> fresh copy, i restore, what ever. but it keep hang of boot. not
> actually hang but it didn't boot at all. and stock when try to read
> Hard disk. no matter what i try. i use VMDK and RAW things are still
> same. the same error has been discussed in proxmox forum with no
> solution.
>
> http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/5907-installing-Win-2008-Server-R2-on-Proxmox
>
> is there any one have resolved this issue.
>
> Thank you.
>
> MYK

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33