[PVE-User] VM windows 2008 issue.

Holger Ernst he at ernstdatenmedien.de
Fri Jul 1 12:34:22 CEST 2011

Hi Alain,

you use virtio NIC on Win2008 without problems? We swithced back to e1000 while having severe problems (loss of connectivity) when handling large data files (50GB).

Muhammad: As Alain says. We have some Win2008 produvtion servers virtualized (some build from scratch, some migrated from real iron) without problems. We use virtio driver for disk, e1000 driver for NIC. Virtual disks on lvm partitions if possible.

Regards, Holger