[PVE-User] What effect would changing the motherboard have on Proxmox?

Robert Fantini robertfantini at gmail.com
Wed May 18 16:59:28 CEST 2011

1- in the 8 installs I have done, there has never been software raid.
I suppose that could happen if you setup software raid in the bios .
But software raid or the semi raid chips on some motherboards are
something I've read should be avoided.

2- to copy containers,  we  make backups , scp them to new system [ or
use a usb disk ] and restore.

 the 1-st time you start a restored container, do so from cli . as
some error messages - like a different iso storage name - will cause a
KVM to not start.  that is simple to fix - just use the same storage
names on the target.

 to start a kvm:
  qm start <VMID>