[PVE-User] veths/gateway failing after random time.

dan dandenson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 04:32:33 CEST 2012

I am running proxv2.  I have 3 containers with veths.  After boot,
each container works properly.  After a seemingly random amount of
time, the networking starts behaving strangely.  The containers are
still up, and can still ping ip addresses on the same subnet.  they
can ping the gateway.  They do not route through the default gateway
though.  the default route is still in place and shows up in 'ip
route'.  'service restart networking' or '/etc/init.d/networking
restart' temporarily fixes issue.

I am running containers based on the deb6 and cent5 templates from
prox.  issue happens in both.

running 3 containers, I can often see 2 or 3 of them lose networking
at the same time.

Thanks for any help.