[PVE-User] veths/gateway failing after random time.

Timh B timh at shiwebs.net
Tue Apr 17 08:36:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

We've seen this as well, but only on IPv6 as we get a fair amount of
traffic over IPv4 - an "inside ping" from the vmnode actually makes it
work again, we have no idea what is causing this and for us where we are
really anxious we do a cron-scheduled ping to the "world" every 5 minutes.
It might have something to do with power-saving stuff as we haven't seen
this on older ARCH cpu's, only new ones and our current working theory is
that apm/powermanager "kills" fds/procs that has been idle for longer than
X.

If it's not the case, then we might have a bug on our hands.

//T