[PVE-User] veths/gateway failing after random time.

dan dandenson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:55:53 CEST 2012

> Verify MAC

I have checked and each container has a different MAC address that
doesn't match anything else on the network.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Timh B <timh at shiwebs.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've seen this as well, but only on IPv6 as we get a fair amount of
> traffic over IPv4 - an "inside ping" from the vmnode actually makes it
> work again, we have no idea what is causing this and for us where we are
> really anxious we do a cron-scheduled ping to the "world" every 5 minutes.
> It might have something to do with power-saving stuff as we haven't seen
> this on older ARCH cpu's, only new ones and our current working theory is
> that apm/powermanager "kills" fds/procs that has been idle for longer than
> X.
>
> If it's not the case, then we might have a bug on our hands.
>
> //T

I can't ping out of the container to the internet as you suggest.  I
can ping the local network just fine, and the local network can also
ping the container.

my NIC in the host is a RTL-8169 gigabit nic.