[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 2.1 released!

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Fri Apr 27 16:54:40 CEST 2012

Le 27/04/2012 11:48, Martin Maurer a écrit :
> Hi all!
>
> We just released Proxmox VE 2.1, including a lot of bug fixes the new Virtual Machine Startup and Shutdown Behavior.
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Virtual_Machine_Startup_and_Shutdown_Behavior
>
> A big Thank-you to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submissions.
>
> Release notes
>
> - simplify GUI for users without permissions
> - implemented startup/shutdown ordering
> - improved task logs on node startup/shutdown
> - added Russian, Italian and Turkish translation
> - updated corosync cluster stack to 1.4.3
> - update LVM to 2.02.95 (fixes snapshot problems)
> - bug fixes
>
> Download
> http://www.proxmox.com/downloads/proxmox-ve/17-iso-images
>
> Upgrade from 2.0
> Just run 'aptitude update&&  aptitude full-upgrade'
>
> Upgrade from 1.9 to 2.1
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_1.9_to_2.0

Hi Martin,

I tried to upgrade one node of my 2.0 cluster to 2.1, and got the error :
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.35-2-pve
grep: /boot/config-2.6.35-2-pve: No such file or directory
WARNING: missing /lib/modules/2.6.35-2-pve
Device driver support needs thus be built-in linux image!
WARNING: Couldn't open directory /lib/modules/2.6.35-2-pve: No such file
or directory
FATAL: Could not open /lib/modules/2.6.35-2-pve/modules.dep.temp for
writing: No such file or directory

In fact, I upgraded my 1.9 cluster last week-end, and already got such
errors. It failed at this step :
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.35-2-pve/modules.dep: No such
file or directory
  procps
minimal upgarde failed

I must add that I am using only KVM, and installed in the past the
2.6.35 kernel, when, if I remember correctly, KSM was not available with
the openvz kernel.

With various steps that I can tell in another post, I finally succeeded
to upgrade successfully the server.

I am currently looking at this problem, but it may be related to this
Ubuntu bug :

I'll let you know if I find a solution...

Best Regards,
Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Attention !! :  Nouveau numéro de Telephone : 01-44-27-92-39
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés