[PVE-User] WG: DRBD+ Proxmox2.1 + Debian Squeeze

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:04:11 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Holger Ernst <he at ernstdatenmedien.de> wrote:
> When syncing running vms you should be aware that this may lead to
> unpredictable state of operation system and/or applications.
> First you should use a snapshot prior to sync to avoid corrupt
> filesystem or data.
> Then you have to be aware that starting a snapshot of a running system
> is like switching a running machine off and on again.
> So make sure the os can handle that.

Thanks for sharing. but what if i use DRBD isnt it like switching
machine off and on when my primary base machine goes down ?

as per my very limited knowlege. DRBD is also kind of a mirror b/w two
computer or Raid 1.  in Rsync the problem is that i have to do it
manually every hour and in DRBD the changes are updated instantly.

please correct me if i understand some thing wrong .......