[PVE-User] any recommendation for SSD for ceph journal disk/SSD?

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Mon Jul 30 13:06:25 CEST 2012

Hi all,

we are extending our testlab with a better ceph cluster and I am looking for the best performance/price ratio to get it running.
I am thinking of single sata drives for OSD and a dedicated SSD for the journal.

I want reliable ones but I do not want to spend money for a Intel 710 series. Any recommendations?
As we only need a few gigabytes for the journal I thinking for a Intel SSD 520 Series 60GB - but this one is not that fast as the 240 GB model.

Any comments on this? The ceph cluster will operate only a gigabit network.
Thanks,

Martin