[PVE-User] any recommendation for SSD for ceph journal disk/SSD?

Gilles Mocellin gilles.mocellin at nuagelibre.org
Mon Jul 30 23:55:20 CEST 2012

Le lun. 30 juil. 2012 13:06:25 CEST, Martin Maurer a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> we are extending our testlab with a better ceph cluster and I am
> looking for the best performance/price ratio to get it running.
>
> I am thinking of single sata drives for OSD and a dedicated SSD for
> the journal.
>
> I want reliable ones but I do not want to spend money for a Intel 710
> series. Any recommendations?
>
> As we only need a few gigabytes for the journal I thinking for a Intel
> SSD 520 Series 60GB – but this one is not that fast as the 240 GB model.
>
> Any comments on this? The ceph cluster will operate only a gigabit
> network.
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

In the consumer market I user OCZ Vertex 2 and Crucial M4.
I had problems with OCZ, and it seems that I'm not the only one (I read
15% returns)
I also have a M4 because I read that there were far less returns with
them.

Impatient to read your results.
How many servers and OSD do you plan ?
Have you planned to compare with and without SSD ? I really wonder if
it's justifed.