[PVE-User] any recommendation for SSD for ceph journal, disk/SSD?

Martin Schuchmann ms at city-pc.de
Mon Jul 30 14:25:00 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

We are still not using any SSDs in our productive servers - in many
customer desktops we had all the kinds of problems, which may appear:
Dead disks, firmware bugs, freezing disks, not recognized drives - so we
are still on 15k SAS drives. Also our bigger, professional customers
still do not use SSDs in their servers - by their own decision...

But maybe a RAID 10 of small (desktop) SSDs will kick off with
performance and better reliability?

We had some good experiences with the first Intel SSDs(non failed), then
we used the fast vertex 2/3 series (some failed), and in an industrial
project (non performance) we use 100 kingston v100 without failures for
6 month now.

Regards, (also) Martin