[PVE-User] how to tear down a VE 2 cluster

dan dandenson at gmail.com
Thu May 3 05:13:46 CEST 2012

I am looking for a way to tear down or delete the cluster config on a
proxmox ve 2 box.

I did pvecm create cluster and it made the first node have a cluster
id of 127.0.0.1.  When I added the second node, it also got 127.0.0.1
and cant make quorum.  Third node the same.

I suspect that having 127.0.0.1 as a line in /etc/hosts is the source
of the issue but now I am stuck with 1 functional node (node1) and the
other 2 can't make quorum.

There are VMs and Containters on this box so a reinstall isnt an option.

Also, i have done the VERY lengthy process of migrating the LVM to a
RAID1 mirror (25 hours each box) and dont want to repeat that.

Any help would be much appreciated.