[PVE-User] Backups failing

Guy guy at britewhite.net
Mon Nov 19 10:42:24 CET 2012

Hi all,

I'm running Version 2.2-26/c1614c8c with 3 hosts in a cluster.  I have a backup job which runs every day during the early hours.  For the last week weeks/months this backup seems to get stuck.  The only way to free it without rebooting is to restart the pve-cluster process.

:~# /etc/init.d/pve-cluster restart
Restarting pve cluster filesystem: pve-cluster.

Once I do that I instantly get the backup mail sent which then seems to report at least one of the KVMs fails to backup.  I then have to unlock it:

qm unlock 202

The next day the backup will work just fine, and I'll get the e-mail without issue.  However the day later it'll be hung again.

It always seems to be the same few KVM images which get stuck.  These images have been migrated from PVE 1.5 so they are quite old.  Do you think that might causing some issues here?

Cheers,

--Guy