[PVE-User] How to duplicate a container?

Simone Piccardi piccardi at truelite.it
Tue Nov 20 18:11:50 CET 2012

On 20/11/2012 17:13, mans.aman at riverman.com wrote:
> 8. Change IP-configuration inside VM by the method that fits you best:
>   a. Start the vm and connect through Proxmox Console and change the
> IP-config.
>   b. Mounting f.ex: vm-106-disk-1.raw and change configuration by
> editing files directly on mounted disk.
I have only server with static IP inside, I can use 8.a avoiding IP
conflicts only if the distribution supports boot whitout networking,
otherwise only remaining option is 8.b...

But that's not so plain, you have to use kpartx to enable devices names
for the single partitions inside the image to be able to mount them.

Simone
Simone Piccardi - KeyID:2A972F9D - JabberID:piccardi at truelite.it
http://piccardi.gnulinux.it - http://www.fountainpen.it
Prima ti ignorano, poi ti deridono, poi ti combattono.  Poi vinci.
                                                 M. K. Ghandi