[PVE-User] How to duplicate a container?

Flavio Stanchina flavio.stanchina at ies.it
Wed Nov 21 17:10:00 CET 2012

Simone Piccardi wrote:
> On 20/11/2012 17:13, mans.aman at riverman.com wrote:
>> 8. Change IP-configuration inside VM by the method that fits you best:
>>    a. Start the vm and connect through Proxmox Console and change the
>> IP-config.
>>    b. Mounting f.ex: vm-106-disk-1.raw and change configuration by
>> editing files directly on mounted disk.
> I have only server with static IP inside, I can use 8.a avoiding IP
> conflicts only if the distribution supports boot whitout networking,
> otherwise only remaining option is 8.b...

Think outside the box. Completely remove the network card(s) from the
clone, boot it, log in from the Proxmox console and change (or remove)
the network configuration. Then shut it down, add network interfaces and
reboot.

> But that's not so plain, you have to use kpartx to enable devices names
> for the single partitions inside the image to be able to mount them.

Or just boot it with the ISO of a live CD.

--
Flavio Stanchina
Informatica e Servizi