[PVE-User] installation problem on squeeze

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:52:59 CEST 2012

I am following this document and having problem in installation

As defined in the article here is my source list

deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib

# PVE packages provided by proxmox.com
deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian squeeze pve

# security updates
deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib

after running these lines which result successful i can not run
further commands it tells me that package is not available.

(successful run)
aptitude update
aptitude full-upgrade

here is the result of different commands which clearly shows that
repository must have been change or some thing else related to the
link has been changes

# aptitude install pve-firmware

Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "pve-firmware"
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "pve-firmware"
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

# aptitude install pve-kernel-2.6.32-14-pve
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched
"pve-kernel-2.6.32-14-pve"
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched
"pve-kernel-2.6.32-14-pve"
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

please help me to install this on Squeeze machine

Thank you,