[PVE-User] NAT issues

Samir Faci (Dev) dev at esamir.com
Thu Oct 18 05:01:25 CEST 2012

Hi all.

I created a standard 'base' install image and then I took a backup of
that image, and restored the base image
to 4 new IDs.  Giving me 4 new virtually identical machines.  I
removed the NAT and made sure that their nic are
not unique.

Here is the behavior that I'm seeing, and I'm trying to understand why
this is the case.

When I have the machines booted up, using DHCP they all obtain the
exact same IP address.

devcass1 through devcass4 all have an eth0 with an ip of 10.0.2.15.

I'm running proxmox 2.1.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to avoid bridging if
possible.  Was my procedure for creating
the VMs wrong?

--
Samir Faci
*insert title*