[PVE-User] NAT issues

Samir Faci (Dev) dev at esamir.com
Thu Oct 18 19:24:38 CEST 2012

hmm... I'm having a hard time copy/pasting from the console but output
of ifconfig

devcass1:

eth0:

mac: 12:eb:60:85:8a:42
ip:  10.0.2.15

devcass2:

eth0:

mac:  da:b8:35:2f:6f:88
ip:  10.0.2.15

similar results for devcass3 and devcass4 all of them have different
macs and the same IP.

Also, these are all VMs, not CTs.  I don't think it has anything to do
with 'my network' since the NAT/DHCP is being
managed by proxmox.

Is there anything else I could be doing to help debug this issue.  I
have created machines on a NAT before and I remember
it working just fine.  I'm not sure why the current version is failing.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10 atm and I see the same behavior on
both OSes.  Though they were both
built from the same base image.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Flavio Stanchina
<flavio.stanchina at ies.it> wrote:
> Samir Faci (Dev) wrote:
>>
>> When I have the machines booted up, using DHCP they all obtain the
>> exact same IP address.
>

> Maybe there's a leases file hanging around from the first install and the
> DHCP client keeps asking for the same address. The DHCP server shouldn't
> give it to more than one machine at the same time however.
>
> --
> Flavio Stanchina
> Informatica e Servizi
> Trento - Italy

Samir Faci
*insert title*
fortune | cowsay -f /usr/share/cows/tux.cow