[PVE-User] Updates for 1.9

Hart, Brian R. brianhart at ou.edu
Fri Sep 7 17:13:31 CEST 2012

All,

I know proxmox 2.1 is the most recent but a colleague of mine has a system
that he can't currently schedule the time needed to do the full upgrade to
2.1 yet and he is still on 1.9.  He's had a few kernel dumps in the last
few months that have totally hung his systems up requiring a reboot.

We are troubleshooting and testing hardware to make sure that there isn't
some bad RAM or something but I was wondering if it is still safe to just
to an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade to get the most recent packages
for 1.9 and not go to 2.x?  Is this a safe thing to do for now until we
can find a better opportunity to upgrade to 2.1?

Thanks,

Brian Hart