[PVE-User] Proxmox 2.1 'internal' network

Alexandre Kouznetsov alk at ondore.com
Tue Sep 11 18:48:26 CEST 2012

Hello.

El 11/09/12 11:35, Gerald Brandt escribió:
> In XenServer, I can create an internal network.
> The XenServer itself is on a physical network card,
> while all the VM's are on the internal network.
> All the VM's go through a firewall between the network card
> (routable IP) and the internal network (non routable IP 192.168.x.x).

In case of XenServer who is routing, the Dom0 itself or a dedicated VM?
If it's the host itself you intend to use as router, there the Proxmox's
wiki explains the concept.
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Network_Model#Routed_Configuration
Note the addressing of the example, they use 192.168.x.x for the
"external" network.

The configuration done on the host system, then you will just have to
plug the VM's network cards into a appropriate bridge.
--
Alexandre Kouznetsov