[PVE-User] Proxmox 2.1 'internal' network

Alexandre Kouznetsov alk at ondore.com
Fri Sep 14 00:04:31 CEST 2012

El 12/09/12 06:24, Flavio Stanchina escribió:
> Fábio Rabelo wrote:
>> And for internal comunication within VMs, I use a dummy network card,
>> put something like this in your /etc/network/interfaces
>>
>> auto vmbr3
>> iface vmbr3 inet static
>>          bridge_ports dummy0
>>          bridge_maxwait 0
>>          address 10.1.1.1
>>          netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> You don't need a dummy port, just create a new bridge without physical
> ports.

That is correct. Even if you need a referenciable interface on the Dom0,
the bridge itself is good enough.

Since your ifup-ifdown scripts could have difficulties recognizing your
interface as a bridge (and perform the correct underlaying actions), a
good workaround is to make it specifically manual:

auto xenbr99
iface xenbr99 inet manual
   up brctl addbr xenbr99
   up brctl stp xenbr99 off
   up ip addr add 11.22.33.44/mask dev xenbr99
   up ip link set xenbr99 up
   down ip link set xenbr99 down
   down ip addr del 11.22.33.44/mask dev xenbr99
   down brctl delbr xenbr99

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov