[PVE-User] RAID array performance measuring

Frederic Van Espen frederic.ve at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 12:43:56 CEST 2013

On 08/28/2013 11:43 AM, Martin Maurer wrote:
> [Martin Maurer]
> Looks like you run an old kernel.
>
> Our current accraid driver in Proxmox VE 3.x is 1.2-1[30200].
> (But this seem not related to your issue)

I'm not so sure it is not related.

I was just now trying RAID1 on a standard debian wheezy kernel. I was
gettng around 220 fsyncs/sec

I then installed the latest pve kernel:
FSYNCS/SECOND:     3991.22

I'm now changing it to RAID10.

My test machine is different hardware though, and the production
machines are running the pve kernels, but also an older version:
Driver                                   : 1.2-1 (29900)

These are still running a pve 2.3 release. I haven't had the opportunity
to upgrade yet.

I'll try running the older kernel on the test machine.

Thanks Martin! I have a lead to salvation now :-)

Frederic