[PVE-User] Remove a Node completely

Simone Piccardi piccardi at truelite.it
Mon Jan 7 13:15:38 CET 2013

On 01/03/2013 04:10 AM, rob wrote:
>>> An new install takes 2 minutes here.
>>
>> It's not 2 minutes over IPMI with remote storage, if that's even viable.
>>
>> Just because it only takes two minutes to do the work doesn't mean
>> it's academic.
>> It only takes a minute to install RAM too, however I'm sure you'd
>> agree in a remote datacenter that's not necessarily the case.
>>
>> This is also ignoring the possibility of needing to migrate VMs on the
>> node as well - which is much more involved in a non-clustered state.
>>
>> Is there no direct answer to my query then?
>>
>> Myke

> check the forum, someone had posted how to do what you want some time
> ago. I followed it and it worked here. But that was awhile ago and
> things may have changed since then.
> here is the forum link:
> http://forum.proxmox.com/forums/16-Proxmox-VE-2-x-Installation-and-configuration

I repeatly reinstalled cluster nodes (on a 3 nodes cluster) without
problems, avoiding a reinstall. I documented the needed steps, but
unfortunately only in italian (me english is too bad...) Documentation
is here:

https://labs.truelite.it/projects/truedoc/wiki/ProxmoxClusterReinstall

I think google can translate it, and the command are quite easy to
understand. You can put it in the wiki, if you want.

Simone
--
Simone Piccardi                                 Truelite Srl
piccardi at truelite.it (email/jabber)             Via Monferrato, 6