[PVE-User] Proxmox and Debian 7 (Wheezy)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:11:57 CET 2013

Hi all

We are running a few OpenVZ-HA-Clusters that are based on Debian 6 and
the Proxmox-PVE-Kernels. It turned out that the PVE-Kernels are much
better supported and have many issues fixed compared to the official
Debian-OpenVZ-Kernel.

It is expected that Debian 7 will be released in the next few months and
Version 7 (Wheezy) will not officially ship an OpenVZ-Kernel anymore.

We would like to continue using the Proxmox-VE-Kernels, also under
Debian 7, but we don't know if this will be a supported setup. Does the
Proxmox-Team plan to update the Proxmox-Suite (incl. kernels) to adapt
it to Debian 7?

Thanks in advance for any infos
Roman