[PVE-User] md installer?

Marco Gabriel - inett GmbH mgabriel at inett.de
Fri Jul 5 08:11:20 CEST 2013

I would be very happy to see mdraid within the Proxmox Bare Metal Installer. The reason behind this is, that I often have Proxmox VE nodes attached to a higb performance SAN or some other shared storage system. Often I don't even use the local storage on a proxmox node, but I'm very happy to see the node still working in case of a hardware/harddisk error. And this is something you can really nice do with a mdraid as local raid performance doesn't matter here.

My experiences on mdraid are ambivalent. While a mdraid provides very good stability, raid migration, easy maintenance and good throughput performance, I didn't get a low latency storage (means high IOPS) even on a RAID10 layout.

Best regards,

Marco

--
Kennen Sie schon den inett Newsletter? Unterhttp://www.inett.de/Newsletter <http://www.inett.de/Newsletter>  <http://www.inett.de/Newsletter>eintragen <http://www.inett.de/Newsletter>eintragen>  und nichts mehr verpassen!

inett GmbH
Eschberger Weg 1
66121 Saarbrücken
Geschäftsführer: Marco Gabriel