[PVE-User] Backup retention policy

Fabrizio Cuseo f.cuseo at panservice.it
Thu May 16 13:58:56 CEST 2013

Hello people.

I am seeing that Proxmox misses a very important features about backup retention.

An example could be:

- Last week,  N backup daily
- Last month, N backup weekly
- Last year,  N backup monthly

So, with a total of 9 backups, I could have:

- The last 3 daily backups
- The last 3 weekly backups
- The last 3 montly backups

Another nice feature could be a "pool" selection of VM's to backup, so adding a VM in the pool will insert the VM in the backup schedule.

Also the machine name in the backup file will be useful (i have already read about it in the mailing list).

Thanks, Fabrizio

--
---
Fabrizio Cuseo - mailto:f.cuseo at panservice.it
Direzione Generale - Panservice InterNetWorking
Servizi Professionali per Internet ed il Networking
Panservice e' associata AIIP - RIPE Local Registry
Phone: +39 0773 410020 - Fax: +39 0773 470219
http://www.panservice.it  mailto:info at panservice.it
Numero verde nazionale: 800 901492