[PVE-User] Backup retention policy

Fabrizio Cuseo f.cuseo at panservice.it
Fri May 17 08:50:58 CEST 2013

Hello Jeff.
This is one of the features of Vmware Data Recovery, an appliance of the Essential Plus (and not only) suite.

I already use BackupPC for my own VMs, but for customer's VMs I can't use an OS solution.
And for a complete and quick disaster recovery, is easier a total VM restore.

The perfect backup solution will be a block-level incremental backup (http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/Livebackup) that is not still included in Qemu, but I hope it could be soon. In vmware this is VCB (Vmware Consolidated Backup). I know that in some cases (databases and similar) without an agent we could have a not perfect backup, but is a great start point.

Regards, Fabrizio