[PVE-User] VM restore

Jonathan Schaeffer jonathan.schaeffer at univ-brest.fr
Fri May 24 09:58:53 CEST 2013

Hi all,

is there a difference between hitting the "Restore" button on the GUI
and the command :
qmrestore vzdump-qemu-144-2013_05_23-22_32_14.tar.lzo 177 -unique   ?

I wanted to instanciate a clone of a VM by using one of the backups. I
used the GUI for that, created the new VM by resoring the backup. But
every modification made on the clone's disk is impacting the original
VM. It is as if they share a unique storage (clvm on an iSCSI LUN).

And now, I can't destroy the clone, the error is : TASK ERROR: lvremove
'clvm/vm-176-disk-1' error: got lock timeout - aborting command

There is something I don't understand in the "Restore" process. Can
someone help me with this ?

cheers,

jonathan
--