[PVE-User] backup takes so long to finish

Bart Lageweg | Bizway bart at bizway.nl
Wed Aug 27 18:47:35 CEST 2014

High I/O when you backup ?

Try https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Shrink_Qcow2_Disk_Files (when you have a good backup!)

Van: pve-user [mailto:pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com] Namens Gilberto Nunes
Verzonden: woensdag 27 augustus 2014 18:47
Aan: pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
Onderwerp: [PVE-User] backup takes so long to finish

Hello
I have a VM with Windows 2012 running nicely in PVE 3.2.
This VM has a 300 GB disk size that was re-partition with 5 or 6 different parts, in order to allocate different databases...
The issue is that the backup task takes 6 hours to generate a lzo file with 13 GB size!
However, I have another VM, which is Windows 2008 with disk 120 GB size.
The backup makes 74 GB file of size, and takes approximately 30 minutes!!!
I can't see why the first task took so long time to finish!!!
Can anybody assist me??
Thanks

Gilberto Ferreira