[PVE-User] Off-site backup for VMs and Containers

Pongrácz István pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 08:53:56 CET 2014

----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "Lindsay Mathieson"
CC: "proxmoxve (pve-user at pve.proxmox.com )"
Dátum: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:30:10 +1000

 wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I am looking for a quick and reliable off-site backup service provider and
>> solution that can backup my Proxmox data based on below conditions:
>>
>> - Be mindful of bandwidth usage and backup only the changed files / data and
>> not all data every-time
>
> I believe that the backup format (vzdump) is not friendly to incremental
> backups

I also wondering about these requirements.

I think, one with these requirements needs to think the storage again, for example using live snapshots capable filesystems, like zfs (I use it for the same purpose) or ceph.

Stock Proxmox with lvm/ext3 backend not really easy or lightweight to backup like this.

Cheers,
IStván