[PVE-User] Install PVE on IBM System x3100

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 18:20:27 CET 2014

Nops... Perhaps you don't understand what I said...

Because of UEFI and that FakeRAID offering by this server, I need to do
same hack in order to make system boot properly...
I just get it install first Debian Lenny...
Debian Lenny, although is an archived system, work very well on this IBM
Server System...
However, if I try to install last stable Debian version, everything goes
wrong... Grub do not install properly....

So my question is: Why a old Debian version works and a newest version
doesn't.

OK!.... This is completely off topic... I know it.. But that is the
counterpoint...

But the way... I solved all problems, install first Lenny, upgrade Lenny to
Squeeze, than, upgrade Squeeze to Wheeze.
So I can install PVE over apt repository...

That's it!

Thanks...

--
Gilberto Ferreira