[PVE-User] Is it possible to use qemu Livebackup feature withProxmox?

Pongrácz István pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:59:38 CET 2015

 Hi,

As I wrote earlier, you are able to use other filesystems under proxmox, which supports this kind of feature. I know, using other filesystem under proxmox than the default is not a "wash&go" solution, but worth it.

Now I am able to create live snapshots as many as I want, as frequently as I want and I can send incremental backups over the network. In this case the on-site backup is "free" (in time and in storage), remote backup is quick (just send the difference between snapshots over the network).

I use zfs on linux for years in several servers, even desktops, but one can try btrfs, too, which seems also has a lot of good features.

So, if you need extra features, you should give them a try.

Bye,

István