[PVE-User] implementing openvswitch

Sten Aus sten.aus at eenet.ee
Tue Jan 27 09:40:51 CET 2015

Hi

I have a problem when implementing Open vSwitch. When I configure my one
node to use ovs, all cluster work is heavily disturbed - GUI lacks,
commands take forever to reply.
As soon as I take proxmox interface down, everything normalizes.

Switches support multicast and IGMP snooping is turned off. Multicast
ping (*ssmpingd* on one node and *asmping* on second node) works
fluently on both directions.

*Should cluster work when all of the nodes are using Linux bridges and
one is using ovs?* This node has been a cluster member and has used
Linux bridges as well.

*On all nodes:*
- running kernel: 2.6.32-34-pve
- proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.3-139 (running kernel: 2.6.32-34-pve)
- pve-manager: 3.3-5 (running version: 3.3-5/bfebec03)

*On this node:*
openvswitch-switch:
   Installed: 2.3.0-1

*ovs-vsctl show* output
> *# ovs-vsctl show*
> dec7d5db-216b-42cf-bee7-60886d30c44e
>     Bridge "vmbr1234"
>         Port backnet
>             tag: 10
>             Interface backnet
>                 type: internal
>         Port "eth0"
>             Interface "eth0"
>         Port proxmox
>             tag: 15
>             Interface proxmox
>                 type: internal
>         Port "storage84"
>             tag: 84
>             Interface "storage84"
>                 type: internal
>         Port "storage88"
>             tag: 88
>             Interface "storage88"
>                 type: internal
>         Port "vmbr1234"
>             Interface "vmbr1234"
>                 type: internal
>     ovs_version: "2.3.0"
OVS is configured properly, at least I think so, because I have
connectivity between hosts and I can ping and ssh between nodes, ISCSI
connection is up and running.

Any directions or ideas are helpful!

Thanks!
Sten