[PVE-User] Shrink qemu raw image...

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:05:33 CEST 2015

Ok guys...

All those steps I already perform...
I can shrink fs+partition+lvm inside the guest... Everything is ok!
But, when I perform this:

qemu-img resize vm.raw -3100G

the guest crash!

The raw image, on Proxmox fs has 3,9 TB...
Inside the guest, I have this:

df -h
/dev/mapper/vg_bancosiscobra-lv_root
                       50G  4,7G   43G  11% /
tmpfs                 939M     0  939M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda2             485M   67M  393M  15% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_bancosiscobra-lv_home
                      640G  540G   68G  89% /home

With the qemu-img resize command showing above, I managed to shrink raw
image to 800GB, more than sufficient to boot the machine...
But no way! I get error inside the guest...

My next shot will be this tutorial:

http://dnaeon.github.io/resizing-a-kvm-disk-image-on-lvm-the-easy-way/

Gilberto Ferreira
+55 (47) 9676-7530