[PVE-User] Problem Cloning Disk

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:17:10 CET 2015

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 01:18:26 PM you wrote:
> >> '/mnt/cephfs/images/201/vm-201-disk-1.qcow2',
>
> why do you use qcow2 file on top of cephfs ??????????
>
> you should use ceph as a block device through rbd.
>
> (performance will be awfull with qcow2 on top of cephfs)

No, I have not found that at all.  Our benchmarks and usage tests bear this
out.

And snapshot performqance on rbd  - live and restores is truly awful, orders
of magnitude worse than qcow2. And we use them for development and testing a
lot.

Which is beside the point - I had the same error trying to clone from rbd to
rbd. Proxmox is not allocating a large enough image for the copy.