[PVE-User] Problem Cloning Disk

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Mar 27 16:18:41 CET 2015

>>No, I have not found that at all. Our benchmarks and usage tests bear this
>>out.

I just want to warning you that cephfs is not considered as stable by ceph team.
(also missing fsck feature for example)

I'm interested if you can to have some benchmark (fio for example) between rbd vs ceph+qcow2.

>>And snapshot performqance on rbd - live and restores is truly awful, orders
>>of magnitude worse than qcow2. And we use them for development and testing a
>>lot.

Hammer release will have a new feature called "object map", which should give use
instant snapshot/resize/...
I'll try to implement it in proxmox

>>Which is beside the point - I had the same error trying to clone from rbd to
>>rbd. Proxmox is not allocating a large enough image for the copy.

Strange, I never see this problem.