[PVE-User] Questions about backup strategy

Sten Aus sten.aus at eenet.ee
Sun May 3 10:47:53 CEST 2015

Hi

No point changing rsync to pve backup in my oppinion if you are backing up data only. Only if you are using Windows or you want to backup VM conf. Then i would suggest ticking "no backup" flag on hdd and you're good. Or you could back up whole etc/pve directory.

Good thing is though you can restore directly to new VM and you can do it in quite few steps.