[PVE-User] ERROR: unable to connect to VM 105 qmp socket - timeout after 31 retries

"[SOLTECSIS] Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó" carles at unlimitedmail.org
Thu May 14 10:29:19 CEST 2015

Good morning,
We are still having this problem and it is becoming a very serious problem.

We have several installations of Proxmox and we have seen that it is
happening in all installations with the last Proxmox version (3.4-3) and
with qcow2 disks.

We have seen that in all installations with Proxmox 3.4-3 and in virtual
machines with qcow2 disks the problem is happening. It happens very
randomly. When one VM has the problem, after rebooting it killing the
kvm process with kill -9, it may go fine several days but then fails again.

We have seen that in other installations with previos versions of
Proxmox all is going fine.

All of this make us think that there is a bug in the software included
in the last Proxmox version.
Anyone has had problems like this?

We are thinking about downgrade Proxmox version to 3.1, is it possible?
How can we do it?

Best regards.