[PVE-User] about IO Delay using openvz and zimbra

Fabrizio Cuseo f.cuseo at panservice.it
Fri Jun 17 14:42:44 CEST 2016

Yes, shared storage is a must; you can (live) migrate VMs and better scale your cluster.
For you problem, try to debug (with dstat and sar) how much your disk is used (on both container and host); disk performances depends too much from disks, controllers, cache; and cheap sata disk with "dumb" controllers are not the best choice for a zimbra server.
I have several zimbra installations, with sata disks too, but using 6 sata disks, and memory cached raid-10 controllers.

PS: how many users do you have in your zimbra server ?