[PVE-User] Set new vm description via a piece call doesn't work. Any example available?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Tue Nov 22 08:33:57 CET 2016

Hi,

On 11/21/2016 10:44 PM, IMMO WETZEL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to change the description of a vm via a picture call.

pvesh set /nodes/localhost/qemu/100/config --description 'test 12'

works for me here.

So with HTTP you would use a PUT request (instead of set with pvesh) to
/nodes/localhost/qemu/100/config with the description property.

> But I got always back an empty array.
> I used the same json call for creating snapshot successfully.
>
> The Web interface seem not to use json but adding the optional digest.
> So is there anybody in this round who can tell me if I have to add the digest also for description and how to calculate this one?
> I tried already to use the digest I got with the get config.

That's the correct value for digest. It is simply a SHA1 hash of the
config file, you can then pass the digest to your set command so that
this command aborts if someone else changed the config in the mean time.