[PVE-User] Proxmox 4.2 : Online Migration Successful but VM stops

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Oct 1 18:19:37 CEST 2016

>> The reason it is hidden is because it is not stable yet.

First, it's not hidden, it's available in vm hotplug options gui.

It's not enable by default, because guest need to support.

when memory hoplug is enable, they a 2 sorts of memory:

- static memory : around 1-2GB, not hot unplugglabe
- dimm memory : virtual memory dimms we can hotplug (unplug technically work, but linux kernel is buggy currently for unplug and windows don't support unplug).

if your guest os don't support memory hotplug,it will see only the static memory.

Now about migration, maybe is it a qemu bug, but I never hit it.

Do you have the same problem without HA enabled ?
Can you reproduce it 100% ?