[PVE-User] Proxmox 4.2 : Online Migration Successful but VM stops

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Sat Oct 1 21:59:25 CEST 2016

> First, it's not hidden, it's available in vm hotplug options gui.
>
> It's not enable by default, because guest need to support.

Well you need to know it's there, I've been looking for that feature for a while
and never knew it existed. Adding network cards or disks through the hardware menu
works fine, so when adding memory or cpu didn't we just naivly assumed it was
impossible, and back then googling it just showed forum post of people hoping
for that very feature. Guess it must have been added since then and I just missed
it in the release notes.

If it's just a question of guest support, that's fine. Both hotplug and unplug
seem to be working perfectly fine for us in HA, so I'll be enabling that on all
our VMs shortly. That's going to save us so much time, not having to plan reboots
with the clients at nights, it's great !

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111