[PVE-User] Proxmox 4.2 : Online Migration Successful but VM stops

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Oct 2 09:51:44 CEST 2016

>>If it's just a question of guest support, that's fine. Both hotplug and unplug
>>seem to be working perfectly fine for us in HA, so I'll be enabling that on all
>>our VMs shortly. That's going to save us so much time, not having to plan reboots
>>with the clients at nights, it's great !

for memory unplug, as I said, it don't work 100% (linux kernel limitation),

but you can do it another way, use ballonning, with shares=0.

for example, in gui memory form:

max memory : 32G
min memory : 4G
shares: 0

It'll force the memory to 4G, and you can change it up to 32G. (juste change the min memory value to what you want).