[PVE-User] HA question

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Wed Oct 5 14:11:18 CEST 2016

Hi,

Just noticed something we find counterintuitive in proxmox:

We are using HA for some of our machines.

As we needed to work on an HA-managed machine, we disabled HA, so that
we could manually halt/reboot/start it.

But to our surprise, the "disable" button in HA actually seems to mean:
shutdown the machine..?

So the only way to work on those machines, is to REMOVE them from HA.
Then we can manually turn them on and off, and when we're done, add them
again (as new) to the HA system.

It would be more logical to us, if "disable" means: HA system disabled,
so stop/shutdown/start control has to be done manually.

Are we the only ones feeling this?

MJ