[PVE-User] Can I get the Proxmox wiki offline ?

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Thu Sep 22 14:52:10 CEST 2016

1) when you post a new topic by replying to an unrelated message, fewer people will read your message.  What you did is known as "thread hijacking" - my email client, and many others, now group your message in with the previous conversation.  You'll get better results by starting a new message instead of replying.

2) by their very nature, wikis are online.  There's no hierarchical or linear structure, so "downloading" it would normally result in a large jumble of pages.  I believe the PVE wiki uses MediaWiki software; you might be able to search online for tools that can mirror wikis, but you'd still have to run wiki software locally.

3) it *is* possible to make wget download an entire wiki, but the size of the download will usually be surprisingly large, and it requires extensive tuning of wget's exclude filters to avoid downloading every byte of data 9 or 10 times.

I don't know of a good solution to your request, and I don't think one exists, sorry.

-Adam