[PVE-User] proxmox cluster from LAN

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Wed Oct 18 14:57:03 CEST 2017

Hi All,

Hope that your day is going well.

Although, I do understand about the Corosync latency sensitivity, I have
gone ahead with setting up the VPN for my nodes as an experiment and test
for the POC project.

So now, I can ping all of my nodes from any other node, but have found that
Proxmox is not listening on the new vpn0 device for the 10.8.0.x vpn
network.

In the past, while reading on the Internet somewhere a while ago, and I
have forgotten now where it was, I thought that I came across some
information on how to add some rules to the network that would allow
something like Proxmox to listen on multiple NIC devices.  Actually, the
solution seems to me to be similar to setting each Proxmox node in a
network DMZ, but I think that the real solution should be easier than
installing a firewall for each node.

Does someone have any information on how I can get Proxmox to listen on
multiple NIC's (eth0 and vpn0, for example)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lonnie