[PVE-User] Joining 5.2 node to 4.1 Cluster Not Working

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 20:35:02 CEST 2018

Hi All,

I'm in the middle of adding some compute nodes to an existing cluster. I was
certain I could add a newer 5.x node to existing 4.1 cluster bit I get error
with some script deprecations in perl.

Should I build new compute nodes as 4.1, join to the cluster, then once all
nodes are added, do the upgrade of all nodes to 5.2? Or is there a work
around to adding a 5.2 node to a 4.1 cluster?

Best practice? I have to add more compute nodes for migrating VMs around to
release existing 4.1 compute nodes so I can do the upgrades to 5.2.

Thanks.

JR

JR Richardson

Engineering for the Masses